Katy and Ethan went back to school last Thursday. We always take pictures of their first day back to school. We even rode our bikes to school. Everything seemed to be going well until the bell rang and Ethan and Katy ran for their classes. There were kids everywhere! Katy's class is in an outside portable and she took off in that direction, but as for Ethan . . . he was no where to be seen! I figured he would eventually find his classroom or a teacher or adult would eventually find this very lost kid lurking in the hallways and help him out. Well . . . it was the next day when Brother Hernandez, a friend from church, told us he saw what happened. He saw Ethan in the school hallway just crying and looking very lost. He asked "What was wrong" and Ethan replied that he had forgotten where his class was. At this time I was outside listening to Logan complain that riding his bike was too hard and he didn't want to do it anymore. And I was explaining to him that we had to ride home (it's about a mile) or we were had to stay at school. He decided it would be better to ride. Yeah I thought so. . . Back to Ethan's story. Bro. Hernandez said "Ethan just hang tight and I'll be right back I have to find my daughter first. (He lost his 5 year old daughter in the craziness) So after retrieving his daughter he came back to aid poor lost Ethan. He said, hopefully, "Do you know who your teacher is?" Ethan replied confidently "Yes, Mr. Sanchez" "OK. I know where his class is" Only he didn't really. Fortunately, another adult close by helped out both. I love elementary school.
Tomorrow, Logan starts school. He will be riding the bus with Katy and Ethan and yet somehow . . . I feel like I am putting my baby on the bus and just leaving him! It is the weirdest feeling. I am just hoping I don't have another lost boy story to tell tomorrow.
1 comment:
poor ethan! hehe. luckily someone helpful found him! i didn't know you had started a blog! hooray!
Post a Comment